Tulane is on the board, but we’re still waiting on FAU to respond. Tulane has a bit of a cushion as they currently lead FAU 14-0.
Tulane entered the matchup having won seven straight and they’re just two quarters away from another. Will they make it eight, or will FAU step up and spoil it? We’ll know soon.
No. 24 Tulane Green Wave @ FAU Owls
Current Records: Tulane 9-1, FAU 4-6
How To Watch
- When: Saturday, November 18, 2023 at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: FAU Stadium — Boca Raton, Florida
- TV: ESPN+
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Fubo (Try for free) Fubo’s holiday offer just kicked off – For a limited time, new subscribers can save $40 on Fubo’s Pro, Elite, and Premier plans ($20 off the first and second months)
- Ticket Cost: $11.75
What to Know
FAU will be in front of their home fans on Saturday, but a look at the spread shows they might need that home-field advantage. The FAU Owls and the Tulane Green Wave will face off in an American Athletic battle at 12:00 p.m. ET at FAU Stadium.
The point spread may have favored FAU last Saturday, but the final result did not. They took a hard 22-7 fall against East Carolina. Having soared to a lofty 42 points in the game before, FAU’s point total in this one was quite the letdown.
Meanwhile, Tulane came tearing into Saturday’s match with eight straight wins (a stretch where they outscored their opponents by an average of 11.6 points) and they left with even more momentum. They had just enough and edged Tulsa out 24-22.
Among those leading the charge was Makhi Hughes, who rushed for 131 yards and a touchdown. Hughes hasn’t dropped below 100 rushing yards for six straight games.
FAU has traveled a rocky road recently, as they’ve lost three of their last four matches, which put a noticeable dent in their 4-6 record this season. As for Tulane, they pushed their record up to 9-1 with that victory, which was their fourth straight at home.
While only FAU took care of their fans the last time they played, neither team managed to cover. Looking ahead, Tulane shouldn’t be too worried about this matchup, as the experts have them favored by nine points. This contest will be their ninth straight as the favorites (so far over this stretch they are 2-6 against the spread).
Tulane is a big 9-point favorite against FAU, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Green Wave as a 9.5-point favorite.
The over/under is set at 47 points.
See college football picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine’s advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Injury Report for FAU
- Armani-Eli Adams: out (Lower Leg)
- Casey Thompson: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Morgan Suarez: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Zuberi Mobley: Out for the Season (Shoulder)
- Justice Cross: out (Knee)
Injury Report for Tulane
- Lawrence Keys III: doubtful (Foot)
- Jha’Quan Jackson: questionable (Ankle)
- Shaadie Clayton-Johnson: out (Undisclosed)
- Corey Platt Jr.: Out for the Season (Achilles)
- Yulkeith Brown: questionable (Undisclosed)